The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1552 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/25/06
I would have liked to know how it was that the twins didn't know each other. And the elipsis … means words left out — which isn't what you meant, I'm sure. But this was a joyful victory nicely portrayed. Keep it up.
05/26/06
A real triumph of joy! With some tightening and polishing this will be a great story. Keep writing!! You have a great style.
That's definately something to be joyful about! Great storyline, but here are a few tips. When you write dialogue, begin a new paragraph each time a different person is talking. Also, skip the ... They can get distracting. But you have very good storytelling potential, keep writing, keep practicing and you'll do great!

Love,
Jess
05/28/06
Your plotting is very good, and the story was a great choice for joy. A few tweaks here and there will bring the quality of your writing up a notch--mostly things that will come with practice. Thanks for this entry!
Very nice. Good plot. Like others have said, a little tweeking, a little practice. Keep it up.
05/29/06
You have a powerful story, which has something of a breathless feel to it, as if you have so much to tell, you cannot say it all fast enough. Now that you have your creative flow down in words, I would recommend a slower-paced rewrite, taking time to read aloud (or have a friend read it aloud to you) so you can spot areas where your reader might get lost trying to keep up with the story. Including missing pieces of the puzzle would also help your reader. God bless your writing!
This was a good story. I can't add anything except to say ditto on the dialogue and some of the other small things. You have it, keep it up. Good job.
05/30/06
Great plot! I'd love to read the extended version.

You have an exuberant personality! It comes across on the boards (delightfully, I must say) and it comes across here, too. Although here, it makes the story feel rushed. You need to breathe a bit in your writing. I don't mean that to sound harsh or critical - you truly do have a wonderful storyteller's voice and you are brilliantly creative. Just allow for a few more pauses (ie. break up the paragraphs a bit more) and let the pace relax just a bit.

Keep working at it, because you've got what it takes!
05/30/06
I liked the idea of the twins not knowing each other. How did the parents keep them apart? What caused them to decide to do that? You have a good story here and like the others said, "just some tweaking needs to be done." God bless!