The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 441 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/19/14
Wow. This was incredibly good. Your character and storyline here were so real that I felt like I was there witnessing this event, rather than reading about it.

Awesome job!
09/20/14
Well written and compelling story. I was so glad she was saved at the end. Great job with the topic.

God bless~
09/20/14
Great story! I felt like I was reading it out of a Christian missionary magazine of some kind. I think you have a natural talent for writing other people's stories and bringing them to life - I trust God will be able to use your talents in a great way.
This is an amazing story, well written. I have a feeling you will be moving up... :)
09/21/14
You created a wonderfully authentic story. It was a creative and interesting read.
Thrilling story! You show beautifully that no soul is beyond His reach . . .
This wonderful story touched my heart with the power of God's love for all. This is written way too well for beginners!
There seems to be some historical missionary facts or experience build into this story.

Nicely written.
09/24/14
Excellent writing, especially for this level. A realistic and believable tale. You captured my attention right out of the gate and held it all the way through. Good job.

For a constructive tip, I'd maybe make the most of the opportunity to share a bit of the message your MC heard. It would bring it more into focus concerning the topic of love and grace. And would also afford the opportunity to witness to the reader. Just a thought.

I look forward to reading more of your entries in the future.
Congratulations on ranking 11th in your level. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.
08/13/16
Wow. I was deeply moved by this story. You might consider what is called point of view. You started out great but a few paragraphs you changed your point of view.

It would help this story by writing more of the voodoo lady's point of view. i.e. being drawn by the Holy Spirit which has been described as the hound of Heaven.

I like what you said about the missionaries not being afraid and that joy was seen in their eyes.

But the rest of the story, you might talk about the voodoo lady's pull that drew here to the meeting; her inward reaction to the joyful singing, etc.

Good writing of getting inside of a person; the voodoo lady.