The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2264 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/13/05
Nice poetry. I really like that word lingering. I really do.
09/13/05
Sheer perfection. You've got rhymne, meter, excellence in word choice, and a heartfelt poem. Should be in Expert level.
09/14/05
Your poetry is absolutely stunning! What beautifully-crafted phrases! A definite winner.
09/14/05
Very well done!
Moving on to Intermediate, you say? Good idea :p I thought this was a beautiful short and sweet poem. Thanks for sharing!
09/15/05
move up to level 2!
09/15/05
A beautifull poem! Clearly expressed so many aspects of blessing on a journey. Particularly liked the thought 'and may the rush of duty’s call fall silent on the air.' That's the only way a person can have a real break! Well done! yeggy
09/17/05
Very lovely! Would you consider separating your lines at each pause and starting with capitals? Eg.
Close your eyes with nightfall,
Listening to the song
Of nature's lilting melodies
Adrift on evening's wand

09/17/05
Oh yes, and then you wouldn't need the comma either. What do you think?
09/18/05
Very nice!
09/19/05
Hooray! Looks like you don't need to change a thing! Congratulations!!
NO surprise this was a winner - beautiful, evocative, flows smoothly and a wonderfully refreshing and uplifting poem. Congratulations!
Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I can't say enough good things about this -- the emotion, the language, the rhythm, all of it is exquisite. Congratulations on a very well deserved win.
09/19/05
Wonderful. You've been due this for a long time.
09/19/05
Really beautiful and touching. Congrats on the win. Very nice phrases. God bless ya, littlelight
09/20/05
A well deserved win! I love that last line "winds that whisper, 'Home.'" Beautiful! Congratulations!
God Bless, Karen
Congratulations on a very well-deserved win. This was fabulous. God Bless.
09/20/05
Beautiful ... just beautiful.
09/21/05
Linda, there's probably not much I can say that hasn't already been said. Your poem was beautiful. When I read it the first time while judging Level 1, I wrote a comment next to it on my rating sheet, "Oh WOW! This melted the heart. Adorable!"

Congratulations on your outstanding win - totally deserved! With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
10/15/05
I love how you wrote this... you have a gift in writing, I pray will guide you hands while you write and touch others with your words.
03/30/07
This was an absolute delight. Thanks for throwing the brick.