The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2008 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/13/05
Good on the pioneer of an old aunt! Gotta love quirky relatives like this. People in small towns are very much like this. Nice portrayal.
09/13/05
Well done! I'm thinking that you could easily move up a level. You did a delightful job of portraying Aunt Marvella, and of writing in the voice of a 15-year-old.
09/14/05
This is a delightful, well-written, and REALLY GREAT story! Look out level 2!
09/14/05
Lovely story.
Very well done! Good story! I think you may have over used Aunt Marvella's name a bit. Thanks for sharing!
09/15/05
"Grandma took a long time getting old and dying." I can really relate to that, watching my own mother ever so slowly deteriorate. Great use of paragraphs. You are definitely ready for level 2, if not level 3!
I just loved the 'voice' of the fifteen year old that shone throughout the whole piece. A well-crafted entry. Thanks for sharing.
09/15/05
Yeah, consistent voice. Well told, enjoyable, sad, yet triumphant, story. Yeggy
09/16/05
I'm glad things turned out swell for Aunt Marvella. I think granny would have understood. I enjoyed reading this story!
What a cute and well told story! I really enjoyed this one, and I think I even recognized a few people from my town in there! Haha!
09/17/05
Excellent title for a great story! Your writing is very descriptive. This is fun and well told!
09/17/05
Fantastic! Good for Aunt Marvella!! (I think someone might need to move up a level.)
09/18/05
very nice! great entry! Keep it up! :-)
This is so well written, with such a clear and distinct voice. Congratulations.
09/19/05
Great humor in this story. Are you one the mnessage boards yet?
09/19/05
Okay, I was wrong. After this fabulous and well-deserved win, I need to change my previous comment to "Look out level 3!" Congratulations!!!
09/20/05
Ann, Well done! Congratulations! Welcome to the ranks of those of us thrust from Beginners to Advanced in one big win! Glad to have your company! :) God Bless, Karen
09/21/05
Ann, I've got to tell you, I'm going to be watching for your entries. I was acting as a judge for Level 1, and have to say that when your entry came through toward the end of the week, I thought it was a breath of fresh air. I loved Aunt Marvella and found the whole story delightful. Wonderful, well deserved win! Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
09/21/05
Oh and yes, if you haven't already made the move, then you really do need to move up to Level 3 at the start of the next quarter. You can skip straight over Level 2. Love, Deb
I read this story in the book, and really enjoyed it. Well done!

Also, I am working on a project and would like your help. Could you contact me through PM (you can PM me even if you do not subscribe)? Thanks!-Amy