The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1024 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/27/10
This is a really sweet story. You have captured and made real a family - three generations of the most precious coinage on earth.
02/27/10
Very well written piece. I enjoyed Grammy's sweet and cheerful ways with Jalen. I enjoyed the lovely little story all the way through the ending.

Keep it up, fellow writer!
02/27/10
I loved this little story. So typical of a child, and yes, a Grandma. These memories are always so precious.
What an adorable story. Amazing how those things happen at the most inopportune time, but it didn't bother Grammy at all. Good job.
03/02/10
Funny! I loved the image at the very beginning, of Grammy with hands up in worship but signalling her grandson at the same time.

There are some punctuation errors that need a final polishing to really bump up the quality of this amusing story.
03/04/10
I could sooo relate to this story, having 10 grandchildren of my own! Memories to last a lifetime! Great job with this story, Ruth, I loved it. It warmed the heart.
03/19/10
"Fangs" for the reminder that grandchildren are our reward for having kids of our own! You've woven warmth, excitement, family love and devotion to God into this huge first step for a child, and you've portrayed it with skill and clarity. Very well done
Ruth, I love your humor and am beginning to think we are "somehow" related! I got a HUGH lol out of: he was giving exaggerated toothless smiles to everyone.