The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1953 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/25/06
A very clever surprise ending! A minor point: as a teacher, I'm pretty sure she would be required to be in the classroom long before her students showed up, and she'd be working feverishly there to get everything ready for them. If you re-write, perhaps a minor edit of the ending...you can still keep the surprise. The writing here is top-notch, and Abby is a realistic, lovable character. Good job!
01/27/06
LOL - got me - I was reliving my dread at starting Jr high :) That first day as a teacher can be tramatic! done that too!
01/27/06
Great surprise. It would be nice for you to show us more of Abby's heart, fears, hopes instead of all the dialogue. Still, good writing!
01/27/06
You did a great job on this character - she was so real! And her actions spoke louder than words - good job. I enjoyed evry word. :)
01/27/06
Big smiley face. Being a teacher, and the new school year starts in three days I know exactly how your character felt. Can still remember my first days. Well done. I was pretty sure from early on that she was a teacher and that's what made it such fun for me. :-)Yeggy
01/27/06
What a delightful read with a clever ending. Made me smile.
Loved the surprise ending! Good job.
Horrible! Dreadful! Whip, whip, whip! hehehehe ;0)

Is that what you were looking for? lol

Sorry to disappoint you my dear, but this was great. Can't rip you to shreds over something when you did it so well.

I enjoyed the characters you created and you portrayed them very realistically. Very cute personality for the daughter! And I didn't guess the surprise until the end, so great job. ;)
LMBO You got me. As she was praying I am thinking ummmm this sounds more like an adult praying not a kid..... heh heh heh. Then the next paragraph ;) Very well written. Made me smile.
Oh, Cassie! This is great! Love that surprise ending!
This is clever, and I enjoyed reading Lynda's and yours back to back -same idea, but a little different slant -funny how that happens. As a teacher I go through a little bit of that every year. I don't know what it is about that first day!
06/27/07
So fun, Cassie! And realistic - been there, done that! (though mom wasn't there to make me breakfast LOL)
Amazing how great minds think alike. This is really good and fun reading. Should be very encouraging to those having a new beginning.