The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1352 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/17/14
A memorable visit indeed!! I thought this was going to be labeled fiction - but it says "non-fiction"... wow, Pastor Bear didn't know what he was getting himself into at your house!! Funny sequence of unfortunate events that turned out right after all...
10/17/14
This really is an excellent piece. My question in all the upheaval did the mouse escape.
It reminds me of a time I gave my pastor a bear hug no pun intended, lifted him up and we both fell on top of each other.
10/17/14
Thanks for triggering some memories of my own pastoral pitfalls. Very enjoyable and credible material.
10/18/14
Hahahahahahahha! This was hilarious and a real hoot to read! I was right there in this priceless piece that you described so well.

I loved this, it was great. I'm sure the Pastor was laughing all the way home...come on how could he not?

Excellent work...I can hardly believe you're in beginners!

God bless~
10/21/14
Haha... that was a memorable visit! Nicely written.
Oh, how funny. I laughed all the way through. I like the way you described it - I could picture it all so vividly, just like I was there.
10/23/14
Congratulations!

God bless~
10/23/14
Congratulations on your win. Great work.
Becky, I think you will jump past me to Masters Level! The leg jumping is primarily dominance attempts, just ask my dog who seemingly has mad passionate desire for our cat!
Congratulations!

KJV 1 Timothy 3:16
"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."
10/24/14
Congratulations! Well done and well deserved win!
10/25/14
I loved this - you played the scenes marvelously. The pastor's reply to his visit was priceless. The cats between your feet at the first was slightly confusing, perhaps a slight rewording would be complete but this is excellently written. I can imagine the conversation he had with his wife when he got home.
12/31/14
This made me laugh! Sounds so familiar and like my own life! hahaaha!! Well done!