The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1244 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/06/14
What a sweet story...thank you for sharing!
03/07/14
What a blessing to minister to those who have been our guides! A beautiful illustration of fellowship to the end of life- and memories that go beyond.
03/07/14
The power of pray and the peace of His love is so apparent, and you've done a mighty fine job of expressing such serenity in your entry.

Thank you for sharing this moment in your life as an example of "Christian fellowship" and "love" --it was beautiful and I'm sure the Lord is well pleased with you.

God bless~
Your first paragraph brought us to the point of the article and yet the point of this was the time you were able to spend with your Mom.

The rewards of honoring parents come through.
03/11/14
You've written this bittersweet story so well. The integration of the topic is spot on. You're not going to be in level 1 for long.
03/11/14
A lovely read, memories and sweet devotionals with family you penned so well! Blessings
03/11/14
Very good writing here. Thanks for sharing this personal story. Good job!
03/13/14
Congrats! God bless~
03/14/14
What a sweet and moving story.

Congratulations on your 1st place award in the Beginners category!
03/15/14
Sorry I'm running behind on comments. I missed this entry earlier and as a result missed such a blessing. Great work. Congratulations on a wonderful entry and deserved 1st place. Keep on shining!
03/25/14
Congratulations on the Quarterly win! I enjoyed this very much and found confirmation and encouragement for my own caregiving situation. Wonderful writing.
I am even more 'out of date' with my comments but have just read this beautiful entry and wanted to thank you for sharing these very special months with us. Such a treasure to read and savour the tender mercy of God to the vulnerable, His provision and His equipping.
Just lovely - thankyou again.
05/08/14
Your story was well told. Your emotions came through. I am glad you mentioned your frustration at times, as I am a caregiver, not only to my wheel-chair bound husband, but to my older sister, who is in the middle stages of Alzheimer's. That is hard to deal with at times, and I have to ask God for patience. Then my husband says, "But for the grace of God, go I." And that is true. But God has given me the privilege to be my sister's caregiver, and I am glad that I can do it. Your article has given me grace to do the work God has assigned me to do. Thank you. Helen Dowd