The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 600 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/10/13
Beautiful message and a wonderful entry. I really enjoyed it. Thank you.

God bless~
I love this story. It is an adorable analogy. I could easily see it as a picture book.

You may want to consider putting the thoughts in italics, then you wouldn't need taglines like he thought or he thought to himself which is slightly redundant since thinking is to yourself.

I really liked that you had Brambles figure out for himself that he was in trouble and needed to call out for help. The mother's constant reminding helped him, but when he was alone he knew to call out. The ending was great too. It left me with a warm happy feeling. Nice job.
10/12/13
Way to go! You took the topic "Black sheep of the family" and make it literally a sheep, Yet you manage to depict God as the true Sheppard who will always love and rescue us. I love it.
10/13/13
This was so beautiful, I think it can cause tears. This is the kind of story that could lead other to a LOYAL father as well, I think I've glimpsed that confusing pasture and to be free is the amazing grace of a Saviour that reveals so much of his beauty when he shows up at those overwhelming times!!!
I like the name "Brambles". Names can mean so much parents should be careful with the names given to their children.

Many times in life it takes a fall to the bottom before we call out for help. God wants to help when we seek his way.

Good story. (Save it and in 6 months go over it and rewrite it and see what it is like then.)
10/14/13
This would be a delight for children readers, complete with colorful illustrations to compliment your colorful narrative. Right on topic!

Wing His Words
10/17/13
High Five!
10/21/13
Congratulations! God bless~