The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 584 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very nicely done. I like the emotion and feeling you work to set in the story's atmosphere. I'm not really sure you needed the ending, where the old man passes heavenward, since it was pretty much implied by the letter, but that could just be me, because I wanted to know more about his daughter.

You were missing a few question marks in the paragraph about the rattle, though I also wondered why he needed to explain it to the daughter so simply, assuming that she was in good health and of average knowledge of things in the world. I am probably reading too much into it, but I love father-daughter pieces and this was a nice, lovely little snippet.

Loved your title. Thanks for sharing!
05/21/13
This has a great title and you illustrated it well. I enjoyed your observations of God's love and care in the midst of hardship and pain. it certainly has a message that can be passed on to each generation.
05/21/13
Beautiful entry...moving, touching and filled with compassion and love. Thank you. God bless~
Wow, you did a really nice job with this piece. Pretty much everyone has questioned God like this before. It is often through the toughest times that we are able to allow bad situations to glorify God. You showed this in your touching letter.