The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1045 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Great first paragraph. It drew me in and the descriptive writing kept me reading. I wondered about the bare floor beneath the boys feet. Why would it have been bare when the rest of the place was so littered? Maybe he should have had to kick asisde or step on the trash as he got up. Just had a bit of trouble imagining one clean spot in the midst of the mess otherwise descirbed. Good writing!
The situation you described makes my heart hurt for children living like that.
My husband does church visits like this, and tells of similar situations. God bless all the helping persons who serve people whose circumstances have led to such sadness and need.
This is priceless, I love every bit of this. Too bad there aren't more care center's like the one this church has willing to go above and beyond, helping rather than condemning. I don't know if a runny nose really constitutes an "Achoo." but I love this story just the same. It is extremely well written. It is hard for me to picture things normally when I read, but you did a fantastic job of painting the picture so vividly of the conditions of the home as well as the conditions of their hearts. This was an extremely well crafted story, and I loved the way you brought things full circle.
I love this. I am even sympathetic to the hungry cockroach. Great story!
I love this. I am even sympathetic to the hungry cockroach. Great story!
I love this. I am even sympathetic to the hungry cockroach. Great story!
04/25/13
Well written story that showed the real heart of the boy, his father and the visitor.

So many people live in such circumstances because of overwhelming tragedies in life. Grateful this story had someone there that cared and reached out.
04/25/13
This story paints the perfect picture of God's love in action through the help offered to the father and son. At first I thought you were speaking of a hoarder, not a man suffering from depression. I expect to see this entry in the winners circle.