The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 938 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really enjoyed this piece. I think you did a wonderful job showing the picture of the bride.

I'm not sure if it was because I can be a tad slow sometimes or because I'm not familiar with the stories in the footnote, but I felt slightly lost in the middle.

You grabbed me again though and the ending was beautiful. Two parts stood out and for me show a bit of genius writing. This is the first:Minute splinters of sand fell with eternal thuds in the hourglass of Lexie’s life.
The other was the one about a person's life not being a circle. Those lines really grabbed my heart.
03/14/13
Good job with this outstanding piece. I really thought it very brilliant.

God bless~
I love the hope of this wonderful story highlighted by the great line that 'God was not finished with Lexie.' How many of us are so thankful that God is the God of second chances. I knew I had heard of Frank Boreham and have just found one of his numerous books, owned by my father, on our bookcase. Thanks for this beautiful retelling of such a marvellous story.
Oh that we could remake the tragedies of foolish decisions based on the wrong emotions. I wept through this. Thank you.