The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 811 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/08/13
This made me smile throughout, although poignant, it made me smile. I so loved being in the presence of these residents, and you described them perfectly. Nicely done, and the message at the end was prolific and powerful.

God bless~
I really enjoyed this piece. You have a delightful sense of humor. I found myself chuckling right at the beginning and I settled myself in for a good read. You didn't disappoint.

I did wonder what problems Robin had and what actually happened when God spoke to her.

The fact that I wanted to read more is a good thing. You covered the topic while still delivering a great message. It is important to listen to God when he nudges us, even if we don't understand the meaning behind it, he does.
Warm and fuzzy feelings evinced from this old lady. I have spent many hours in nursing homes, witnessing, praying and comforting those who felt so terribly alone. I am 69, and when I am in need of caregiving - I will reach out to Jesus to send me His angel - you!
02/16/13
I was just going to comment that I love your title, but I want to say a couple of other things.

I loved Genevieve and thought the story was going to be about her. But as I read, you drew me into the whole nursing home and all the residents and staff. It sounds like a wonderful place. But Robin took me by surprise. I wasn't sure who she was and how the story suddenly became about her.

The most delightful thing about the story was your imagery. Your descriptions were wonderful.