The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 671 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/13
Powerful, touching and so well written. Thank you.

God bless~
02/01/13
You sketched a fine portrait yourself here in words. I saw both your MC and the sketch very clearly by the way you painted them in my mind's eye. Excellent job.
Great thoughts. A threshold to hand over to another generation always exist. May we hand over what is the best legacy as you wrote.
Thanks for sharing.
Congratulations for ranking 29 overall!
Oh this is so deep. I have tears in my eyes. Not only is this a marvelously creative on topic piece but it packs so many emotions in so few words. A beautiful gift it will be for several more generations. I really enjoyed it.
I don't know where to begin; I find myself wishing i had your piece right next to my critique as I am writing... The way you began your story (with a touch of a devotional quality to it) made me think you were going to talk about your MC's great grand daughter. I was totally unprepared for the perfect tie in with the generations in her family that proceeded her. You had some beautiful word pictures in there, I remember. The way that you wove this piece with your "loom" and brought all of the various people in the MC's family tree to light that you didn't want to fade away with time, was precious. I loved the way you tied in the verse in Deuteronomy about teaching our children, or in this case, great children along life's way, at the end. I also thought it was beautiful the way you brought everything full circle with expressing the MC's love for her daughter and her thoughtful gift of the two hands that linked the generations the story represented. Beautifully and skillfully written. Congrats too on your 29th highest place! God's blessings.