The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 631 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is an intense and powerful piece. You did a great job with a very difficult subject. I really liked the beginning as it drew my attention in right away.

You may want to break your stories into short paragraphs with double spacing between them as to give the reader that all important white space. Also if you copy and paste your story onto the submission form instead of attaching it, you may be able to get rid of the weird symbols. (Don't worry though, the judges are familiar with this glitch and it won't count against you.) Try hitting the preview button before you hit submit because it will show you the way your story will look to the reader and give you a chance to fix things.

I think you did an outstanding job of writing on topic while still creating an interesting story. The message is great. I really like the not dwelling on the past but move forward part. That is something I need to be reminded of quite often. I also think you did a grand job with the ending.(Though I did think the niece was a newborn and that's why she was in the hospital then I realized she must be older to smile and reach out for the dress) This is one of my favorites this week. :) Keep writing you have some awesome storytelling talent in you.
11/10/12
This was a little difficult to read...God bless and keep honing your writing abilities...
11/15/12
I really enjoyed your story, and it is one of my favorites in Beginners this week! Your dialogue was realistic and your story kept my interest all the way through. I loved the line: "There is never a way to go back to the past, but here are many ways to go forward." There is such truth in this statement! Good job! :)