The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 541 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/13/12
Oh, this was such a sweet and fun read. You did a fabulous job of describing the collision with his mom. I could see the entire scene in my mind's eye! Great job.

God Bless~
09/13/12
I love the sentence "I tried to twirl backwards like an awkward ballerina, but the grounds' call won." Very good description. I liked the ending... very touching. As an after thought, you might want to put a space between paragraphs... your story will look much better and will be easier to read. Good work.
This is a really powerful piece. You grabbed my heart right away and did an excellent job of making me actually feel the grief of the MC.

You had a few typos, (a question mark missing and one that shouldn't be there) If you need someone to help you proof or as a challenge buddy check out the message boards or if you like you can PM me and I can help you or find someone else who can.

You packed a lot of emotions in this short piece. I'm not sure if it's a true story, (If not you really did a fantastic job of showing grief) but if it is true what a wonderful testimony to the Uncle. These stories are the type that the family will pull out and read over and over. The ending was great! I could feel the gloom lifting and almost hear Uncle Rence chucking.
Congratulations for ranking 6th in level one! You can see the highest rankings in each level and the top 20 overall on the message boards.