The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1142 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/03/12
I enjoyed your story and was left wondering what happened next. Thanks.
08/03/12
Oh nicely done and nicely told. This was a story I kind of expect to see in a magazine. It held my attention, it was well-written, and I loved the ending! Thanks.

God bless~
You gave me a lesson here: How to get a complete story, including main points of good writing, within our word limit." I thought it was berry, berry good.Willl I get a bill?
This is one of those stories that just tug at the heart. You did a nice job of showing the pain the MC and Shannon endured together. The ending was slightly predictable but still left me with a warm, feel-good feeling.
08/06/12
I really enjoyed this and I, too, felt a tug at the heart. I thought the story flowed easily and, since i kept picturing Jack as this big burly kind of manly man, I enjoyed this look into a softer side of him. I did find myself wondering how many years it had been since he'd seen Shannon - guess I was trying to place the depth of his longing for her.

Nice writing here. Well done!
08/08/12
Very nicely written. I enjoyed the story and can almost taste the jam.
08/08/12
Such a lovely story. It's amazing how a simple thing like the taste of strawberries bring on wonderful memories. Well written. Good job!
08/09/12
A lovely story I enjoyed reading. The emotions expressed by the characters came through nicely. An excellent piece!
Congratulations for ranking 8th in your level!
08/10/12
Loved the sense of time warp. Back to childhood and through adolescent romance - to suddenly find the years peeled back!
Great close; great writing.
I was going to say berry good, but since someone beat me to it, my endorsement must remain fruitless.