The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 992 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/30/10
This sounds like a real historical event- was it?

It started out with showing but tended to be more telling- most likely due to the word limits.

Would love to hear more about how this all transpired!
10/30/10
Your first paragraph is very strong. It really created an image in my mind. As the story progressed, I felt as if there was more and more telling. Perhaps some of the letter could have been cut to save on word count and bump up the showing.

Great love letter angle!
This is a sweet love story. How wonderful that she felt the calling as well. Nicely done.
10/31/10
Your story has the elements for a great adventure for Clarissa and Jerome. Wonder if more is to come. Great writing.
10/31/10
Loved the story line and the way the story evolved through the letter writing. I know this was historical but I just wanted to be able to send a quick text: I Will!
I did enjoy this with all its old world charm. Your descriptions were wonderful - like the pot of marmalade and especially and spent sleepless nights with only the butterflies in her stomach to keep her company. Well done flower girl :-)
What a fun idea for an article. The lives of missionaries has always been a difficult one, but I like how you focused on the love and romance that came with it. Good job!