The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1150 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a very believable and riveting retelling of that time. You did an outstanding job painting a vivid picture for the reader.
08/02/10
Wow! You brought Caleb and Joshua alive. Very good writing. Excellent re-telling of this Biblical account.
You have written about one of my favorite stories in the Bible and made it a fun read. God plus you (or me)always have the majority vote.
You drew me right into the story...I was there! Absorbed in every flicker of light to their fears of fighting the giants.
08/03/10
Great story for this topic and well executed! Loved the details that brought it to life.
08/04/10
Excellent story telling. The line that really touched me was "I had fallen in love with the land the Lord was providing". It challenged me to think about the things of God that I need to fall in love with - those are the things I will fight for and treasure.
I enjoyed the story very much as you demonstrated the hearts of Joshua and Caleb.
08/04/10
I enjoyed your take on this well-known Bible story. I like how you brought up the reality that Joshua and Caleb probably had some fears too but they knew God was greater than there fears and the giants.
08/04/10
I love a good re-telling of a familiar Bible Story.

I don't know if it was because I'm in a hurry to jet out the door for church or what, but I had trouble following who was saying what. I'll try to read it again later, but just in case that doesn't happen, I wanted to let you know I enjoyed it. Great take on the topic.

I better boogy on out now. :)
08/05/10
Very interesting read! Reflecting on what God has done for us in the past certainly helps to reassure us what He can do for the present and future.