The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1073 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Well woven humorous and serious "Oops'" article. Yes, we all have the regrettable oops moments and relive them over and over...if only I would have.... Thanks be to God for His mercies upon us. Blessings.
Very well put and relateable piece. I could write a book of all the oops in my life.:0) Thanks be to God He rewrites those pages every day and gives me the strength and the wisdom to learn from my mistakes. I so enjoyed this piece and could smile along with you, as we all have made "oops" in or lives too. God bless your writing.:0)Thx for sharing this.
01/22/10
I can relate to this. Isn't God merciful? His mercies are new every morning that we can always find grace and forgiveness when we seek Him? And in His kindness, we can always draw daily strength to walk in the path He shows us?

Thank you for your sharing.
Blessings to you,
Maryknoll
01/25/10
I loved reading your different "oops"--this really tickled me.

A suggestion: divide the longer paragraphs into several shorter ones. I'd also be interested in a story that expands on one of the humorous incidents mentioned here.

I've started a thread in the message boards specifically for Beginner and Intermediate writers, and I'd love to have you stop by. http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67

This was a delightful read!
I really like how you introduced an excellent message with humorous personal experiences.
Congrats on placing 11th in Level 1 with your entry! You can check out the highest rankings each week on the forums: http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28510
02/03/10
This was a very interesting memory of OOPS! You did a great job. It was humourous, and yet left some of the rest of us "oopsers" to relieve some similar experiences. Just some of the little things that help shape our lives into the plan that God has for us! Only real criticism I have, is that, perhaps, you used the "oops" a bit often, like you could have just said something like-well, there I did it again, or some other wording so that it wasn't repeated quite so many times. Not anything serious, just something that I noticed. keep writing! It was very interesting. "Oops!" I hope that i didn't say anything to discourage you, because it really was an interesting piece, and I loved your ending!