The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1397 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/03/06
Great build up of tension. The ending might need a little tweaking. I loved this line: "Relief and shock oozed from them into the mud." Great visual.
11/03/06
Fast read. Really engaged me. Transitions to and from the flash back worked well. Loved Janet's sense of humour.
11/04/06
Great story!
I was on the bank of the Idaho, watching the whole thing.
Thanks.
11/05/06
Really fun story! Loved the title. Very realistic dialogue and description. My favorite line: She couldn’t hear the white water of the rapids roaring for the blood pounding in her head. I enjoyed this very much. Great work!
11/06/06
Wow, an exhilarating read! Be careful of that pesky "it's"--with an apostrophe, it means "it is" (first paragraph). I enjoyed this, a unique read and full of suspense.
11/06/06
Great job of building up the suspense - I loved this! I might change the ending a bit - it seemed a bit "full" (not sure how else to say it!!), but otherwise this was a fantastic read!!
11/07/06
A very enjoyable story. You kept me entertained until the end. Thanks for sharing this.
11/08/06
I can say something that it seems I haven't been able to say much this time around: GREAT TITLE! The story was enjoyable and, yes, I was right there in the boat! Good job!
*Chuckle* This was fun to read and a definite twist from the regular classroom teacher, very descriptive words and phrases, like letting the relief and shock 'ooze' into the mud. Great job!
11/08/06
Great descriptions. You had me right there with your characters.
11/09/06
I really enjoyed this story. I've been white water rafting down both upper and lower gauley rivers in W. Vir.
Excellent job here. I liked a different take on TEACHER. Thanks for the fresh writing. God bless.
Hey, Val! A true story? Wow, must have been frightening.

Loved your power punch verbs and descriptions. You have an easy-to-read writing style.
I could picture the action as I read.

The Lord bless your pen and your mind as you write for Him.