The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1636 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/03/06
Hahaha, thanks for the laugh, and I love your title!!
08/04/06
Been there, read the book, seen the film and got the T-shirt! (And I don’t even have kids!)
How delightfully ironic it is that there is someone else in the same situation that i have been in. It was descovered early on in my walk that I had a "way" with children and was soon designated to be lead Children's Chruch, I have lost count of how many time I have done it over the past 11 years that I have been saved. you have my deepest respect. I loved the piece, It is well written and humorous and contains a loving message.
Stay encoruaged, God Bless
08/05/06
Well done! There's nothing quite like humor in this world, and you are a very capable writer! It cracked me up, and being cracked up already, that's not so easy to do! It was a thoroughly enjoyable read!
08/05/06
A fun story which kept me smiling all the way through. Lots of funny stuff here: "I have several of my own..." "No matter how hard you try to convince me..." Thanks for sharing. This was very well done.
08/06/06
Oh, I love it - two funny pieces in a row on the list! This was great - several hilarious lines that made me laugh out loud (one of which was, "I have several (children) of my own, many of whom I really like.") This piece probably strikes a chord with me because I worked in children's church for a while. It is definitely NOT my calling, which didn't take me long to figure out. I ended up quitting but am so glad there are so many like you who still press on. There really is nothing greater than ministering to the future generation. Well done!
08/07/06
I loved you thinking that Jesus' saying "Suffer little children to come unto me"...was a coded message or perhaps a warning; Very, very good! Great stuff here; enjoyable, enlightening and educational. Double Kudos!
08/08/06
Light and funny and I'm still smiling! Thank you!
This was just great. You had me laughing out loud. I especially appreciate it as a children's pastor. I know how it feels to "suffer the little children" - and I also know the joy that those same little ones can bring.
My undying philosophy is "you're doing something right if you're completely exhausted and laughing hysterically."
Thanks for sharing.

God bless,

Kevin
08/10/06
This is great, Kenny. I laughed from beginning to end. COngratulations
This is outstanding humor, Kenny. You asked if it would place or if people were opposed to humor - thankfully you found your answer - and perhaps you have passed along inspiration for more humorour submission. Brilliantly done. (Still laughing) -- Glenn
08/10/06
LOL -(oh and for future refernce) they make color free KoolAid now -it's a mom's (or Children's Church leaders') best friend :)
Haha! When I was a teen I worked in the 2s and 3s quite often. I know allll about it. ;-)
08/10/06
Wow. This was terrific. I can truly relate to this fun piece. Congratulations on a great win!
08/11/06
Father Abraham had many sons, many sons had Father Abraham. I am one of them and so are you. So let's all praise the Lord![right arm] Owwwwwww . . . Wow, I haven't hurt myself doing that one in a long time. LOL
08/12/06
Wow this is so true and funny! great job - great writing! Congrats on your win!!
Just wanted to leave my congrats. One of your best in my opinion.
08/13/06
Absolutely wonderful from the very first words (and that includes the inspired title)! It's nice to be able to laugh aloud at so many well-turned phrases, to nod with complete understanding, and to feel touched by a meaningful message. To get all of that from one entry is truly remarkable. Well done!