The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1641 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Powerful article. How hard it can be to just let those we love rest in God's care.
06/16/06
I loved the converstions, and the gentle message of our Lord. It reads, and feels like He's talking to the reader also. Precious and wise.

Yes, most of the time, all we can do is 'be there.'

A heartwrentching and beautiful reminder that flowed easily. Loved it.

06/17/06
You created tension in your story and a sense of urgency about evangelism - but I like the balance of "being" and not just "doing or saying". Good story.
06/19/06
There is great wisdom in letting God "speak" for Himself. Good job.
This is GREAT! You had my heart pounding. I love that God is saying you needed to just live your abundant life, pray for her and be. Beautiful message, written with punch. A winner with me.
06/21/06
wow ... very very strong piece. you'll do very well. Such polish and structure. Excellent!
Captivating! What a punch of an opener...And it just hums with life all the way through. Your dialogue with Holy Spirit is beyond price. I personally drink in the lesson about resting our special ones in His hand and just being there with them. Thanks for an excellent,truly inspiring read!
06/21/06
You described Mara's state of mind exceptionally well, and then brought in the peace of God's truth beautifully. Good job!
06/21/06
The words of God were--simply astounding. What a gift this piece is. I like that you named your main character "Mara"--it means "bitter," right? Very appropriate.
06/22/06
Your character's conversation with the Lord spoke to my heart as if I were taking her place in the prayer link. You have obviously spent time digging jewels from that deep, deep mine of God's Word.
This is a very moving piece. Goo job.