The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1755 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/19/06
I struggled with the meter which seemed to change(?) (proabably just me - I'm poetically-challenged.)
My Favorite line: "A cross marks the spot, not the usual X".
I like it - well done.
05/20/06
It took a second reading for me to get the meter and 'it.' Wonderful message-all the prosperity we need are the treasures to gain in heaven, taught in His Word. Lovely!
05/22/06
Splendid. I liked the rhythm and flow, just one little line fell short, but it didn't take away from the beauty of the poem and the strong message it conveyed.


05/22/06
Beautiful! Simple, yet holds a large treasure of spiritual advice. Good job!
05/23/06
I love this especially because it was unique among entries--and I enjoyed its rhythm and pace. Very, very nice.
This was very good. I loved the message and enjoyed reading it.
05/24/06
The ending was strong. The piece was polished and I thnk the meter worked well. I can't remember which stanza, but one read a little weak. Other than that, you were spot on.
05/25/06
Wonderful, simple but wth a strong message.
Strong beginning and ending, especially. Liked starting off with "The world’s finest riches await you THIS DAY" - and thus inviting the reader to apply the message right now!!!