The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 614 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/27/17
Like a 1950's television program! Well, if if the roles of children were played by boys... on Lassie, Andy Griffith or Leave it to Beaver. Good writing!

Wing His Words
04/28/17
I loved your story! Most of us as kids had such a building in our neighborhood, so it's easy to relate to your MC's dilemma. You did a great job hooking us and delivering a story with a super ending. I'd like to see this story in an illustrated children's book. Nice job.
04/28/17
Loved it, though at first I didn't know witch way you'd take us. You've captured the mindset and dialogue of the young girls so well.
It evoked memories of the scary tales we heard as kids about the "menacing" old characters who lived in derelict gold rush-era cottages near our school. We knew to avoid them, but they proved to be harmless.
Your title is great, and I hope it proves to be prophetic from a judging perspective...
05/02/17
You had me hooked from the get go. Super job. Creative and well written. Some with a ghoulish spirit would have turned that nice old lady into a child eating ogre (do they make female ogres?). Can't wait to read more of your work.