The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 635 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/26/16
Great build-up to a total surprise rug-puller of a close. Beautiful perspective.
08/26/16
Your ending certainly took me by surprise! I like the way you used the topic for what seemed like the simple pleasures of plane flight but were really the excited joys of a newly-sighted person. Well written.
What an absolutely wonderful story! I loved it.
08/27/16
Excellent!

God bless~
08/30/16
Great surprise ending! But, I have to say, your writing was so tight and vibrant that even before the twist; even if you had left it just as a reminder of how seeing things thru the eyes of a child can awaken us to the beauty all around us--it still would have been excellent.

Your wonderful twist, though, elevated it to another level entirely. A truly masterful piece.
09/07/16
Your entry is magnifique. Each squeal drew me in along with the MC, to see delight through her eyes.

Learning she was seeing for the first time made sense and was a fabulous surprise ending but there was part of me that was somehow disappointed that her joy wasn't simply a child's enthusiasm with life.

Well done and congratulations on your EC placing.
09/14/16
Yvonne, Wow! What brilliant writing. I was on the edge of my seat, wondering what a young child was envisioning. I could sense the passenger's aggravation at the noise. The ending took by surprise.

Congratulations on your EC Award.