The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 946 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/11/16
Wow! What a scary experience you had with your child. I could hardly wait to get to the end; you really hooked me with this story. I'm so glad it had a happy ending. You evoked real emotions as I read. I had only one exception in identifying with your MC. I love soup, but in a crisis? Move the soup and bring out the salty chips and M and Ms. Thanks for sharing!
02/11/16
Thanks for sharing this testimony of devoted support to your spirit and to your stomach - and praise God that your daughter recovered so quickly. Well written.
02/12/16
Wow- this was an excellent piece of writing straight from your heart...I felt your stress and the joy at learning your daughter was going to be okay, "Thank you Lord!"

I hope this gets the attention of the judges...it should rate well...but, that's my opinion, I love your writing!

God Bless~
02/13/16
Convulsions are hard for both parties to endure. There is a sense of helplessness that you captured so well. I am so glad your daughter came out okay.

I think you spelled the word consciousness wrong.
02/13/16
Excellent writing as I was there with you every moment. When I got to the part about the seizure, I couldn't believe what I was reading.

I just watched my son have his first seizure a few weeks ago (and hopefully his last). He is a grown man. I can't imagine how long you had to endure the aftermath with your little girl. So frightening!

God is good. I'm so glad prayers were answered for her and you.

A beautiful testimony to God's grace, and the blessing our brothers and sisters in Christ are, especially when family is far away.