The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 589 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/03/15
Awww. So sweet.
Love stories about animals.
God bless~
12/03/15
Animals are such a gift. I'm glad Indy was so greatly loved.
I enjoyed this fun story, and have absolutely no room to suggest that it stretches credulity, having purr-pet-rated some animal stories of my own, such as "If Two Agree."
12/05/15
A thoughtful story about one of the animals that shares our lives with us. Well written and interesting.
I think this story is much deeper than one might expect. I'm torn about it to be perfectly honest, which is good because it made me think. I liked that Gary prayed for the cat. Even if it may seem little to some, if it's important to us, it's important to God. I liked the part that Gabriel smelled like both parents. At first, I thought he was the couple's son, who had offered to check on the cat, then I realized that chap's name was Neil. I then assumed the Holy Spirit answered Gary's prayer by sending an angel to tend to him. So why am I torn? I suspect that being in an angel's presence, especially one high up, would be as good if not better than being with his parents. However, you end it with: He’d experienced a little bit of heaven while his parents were gone, but no one could ever take their place.
Since I'm guessing he did experience a bit of Heaven, I'm not sure if he would have the same attitude, but then again, I may be reading and thinking way too much into this purr-fect tale (yeah, I really went there. Noel's been rubbing off on me.) Good job.




12/07/15
This story gives readers paws for reflection, whether we're feline like it or not. It also offers a different angel on how to avoid cat-astrophic neglect without being too pet=ty about it.
Thanks for a fun read.
12/10/15
Very cute and clever, enjoyed the read and the message!
Congratulations on ranking 13 overall! Happy Dance!