The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 532 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/30/15
This is an interesting account of what I'm guessing to be a young man with a learning disability, living in a supported living environment and having to deal with the death of his father. I could be wrong of course, but that is the picture that came to mind through your portrayal of him. A well written and unique take on this week's topic.
A heart-wrenching story, well told.
Wow! Words can't even begin to describe all the wonderful things about this story. It's brilliant. The choppy sentences that might normally distract me fit your MC and the atmosphere perfectly. It added to the story and to your character. That is something only a truly gifted writer can accomplish. It made me think of my cousin and how one day she'll struggle with something similar, probably sooner than I'd like to believe, but your story didn't make me feel sad for her, it made me realize how blessed she is. Outstanding job.
08/03/15
Outstanding and brilliant!

Excellent work.

God bless~
Congratulations on ranking 13th overall! Happy Dance!
Gary, I can only shake my head that this didn't place higher, but am glad that it made the highest rankings. Congratulations!
08/08/15
After Shann's review I was kind of thinking that myself. :)