The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1032 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/25/15
A meaningful piece. I was happy that she was finally able to see things for what they are, and that she quit blaming God. That hander kerchief will be a precious souvenir.
07/25/15
You've given us a clear insight into the trauma that festers in abuse when love turns sour - and still thrown light on God's unobtrusive presence within the pain. Great writing.
07/25/15
Beautifully written account of a sad holiday, but with an uplifting ending. Great job!
07/25/15
Great job! This is a moving piece.

My only criticism, is in this sentence,

"She’ll never know heard the commotion..."

I think you meant to put the word 'who' in between 'know' and 'heard'.

You're a great writer!!!!! Love your stuff:)
07/27/15
Lovely pace
07/27/15
Superb! Flowed beautifully; Out of the box and with a triumphant ending. Methinks this will go down well with the judges.
The emotion here is so raw and strong. I'm glad that she was able to break free of the toxic relationship. It makes me so, so sad for those who aren't for one reason or another.
07/30/15
I knew this would do well. Congratulations Kat, on a very worthy win.
07/30/15
Wow! The emotion this evokes is only exceeded by your masterful craftsmanship. The story is marvelously woven. Excellent. Congrats on top honors!
07/30/15
Congratulations on your well-deserved win. Great work.
07/31/15
Congratulations on your 1st place EC award. Your story is a vivid reminder of what love is not. I hope one day the MC can find the worthy person she's looking for.
Congratulations! Well-deserved. This was a wonderful piece of writing that I hope will strengthen others in similar situations.
07/31/15
Congratulations, Kat, on your 1st Place! This story is gripping and moving as well as very well written. Great writing!
07/31/15
Congrats!!!!!! So excited for you! I knew you had a strong piece!!!! I think God's giving you a 'wink'!!!!!! ;)
07/31/15
Excellent story Kat!
Congrats!
God bless~
Congratulations on sitting "on top" of EC with this "made-you-think" story--excellently written, as usual!
08/16/15
Congratulations on your well deserved 1st place EC award, Kat.

I'm glad this abuse victim had some help in picking up the pieces after all she had gone through.