The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 422 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow! My eyes are misty and the lump in my throat is the size of an apple. I wish everyone who has ever stared or whispered about someone different could read this. It's brilliant.

My red ink is small. Try not to overuse exclamation points. I don't think you needed any of the ones you used because your words, pacing and atmosphere were all spot on and did the exclaiming for you. Also, when using words like Mama as a proper noun, make sure you start it with a capital letter.

I can't say enough wonderful things about this. It's at the top of my all time favorite list. You brought your MC to life, and I felt like I was watching it all unfold before me. Your ending is poetic and shows what a gifted artist you are.
06/17/15
Very compelling and credible work that draws us into the sliding door world of autism.
Excellent work that should rate highly.
06/17/15
Very compelling and credible work that draws us into the sliding door world of autism.
Excellent work that should rate highly.
06/17/15
Such a delightful and unique take on the topic coupled with a glimpse into the fascinating world of Autism.

I've heard it said that all people with Autism are rigid in their thinking and lack imagination. I know this to be untrue and your MC is the perfect example.

The choice of scripture reference to round off speaks volumes. I hope this rates highly.
Congratulations on ranking 15th overall! Happy Dance!