The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 827 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/05/14
So beautiful!
Wonderful job with the depiction of memories and emotions.



God bless~
09/06/14
Beautiful! Such tender and loving images. I enjoyed this immensely.
09/07/14
Lovely! I like the connection between the cup and saucer and the precious memories, and the way the memories continue even after the cup is broken. Your poem exudes hope. Well done!
09/07/14
This is great. I especially loved the end. It's a great reminder.
09/07/14
Very descriptive work, with a strong message about memories outlasting whatever may prompt them. Well done.
Hope, unable to be broken.
Wonderful poem.
09/08/14
I read this on my phone originally, and because of the format and they way it presented on my smartphone, it looked like a continuous paragraph, and so I didn't realize it was a poem.

Amazingly, it flowed so well, that it didn't seem choppy at all. You would think that if you wrote our a poem in paragraph format that it would come across as disjointed and confusing, but it wasn't until I read the comments that I realized it wasn't a normal story. :)

Maybe you'll take that as a criticism, but I thought it was a wonderful testimony to how smooth your writing was here.

Your point was wonderful as well, acknowledging how closely we tie our memories of a person to an item, but knowing that who they really are to you is the wisdom and love they imparted over the years...and that's something you'll never lose.

Great job! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Lovely prose. You made me see and feel and praise God for giving you such a heart for Him . . .
Indeed, that was lovely. Reading it was like taking a walk through a field of your imagery. :)
09/10/14
You wrote "still intact in the depths of my heart" that was the most beautiful word picture, it gave me pause.
Lovely piece of prose.
What a beautiful tender piece of writing this is. Your lovely skilful writing draws the reader back to similar precious memories, shared over a cuppa - strong memories that last, much longer than the fragile possessions we hold in our hands. Just beautiful Verna. Thankyou.