The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 896 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/19/14
Well written entry with a message that resonates and a timely reminder of our "waiting for our bridegroom." Excellent writing.

God bless~
04/19/14
Absolutely fabulous. The speech you gave yourself in the mirror gave me chills. I enjoyed every word of this and commend you for your transparency. You were frank and honest, and the comedy thrown in was perfect. Great work.
04/19/14
This entry would be a great Sunday sermon. I applaud your raw honesty and thank you for this "special" piece which packs a powerful message. "Get right or get left!"
04/20/14
So, so perfect. We have to remember that it so very possible for us to be the stumbling block that keeps others from having what we have. I know, I know - we don't save anyone Christ does. And I've encouraged others in sharing their testimony by telling them "you can't say the right thing to the wrong person, and you can't say the wrong thing to the right person" - either Christ is calling someone or he's not.

BUT - we sure can get in the way sometimes. By being unforgiving, intolerant, bigoted, unforgiving or just plain hard-hearted. It just breaks my heart when someone walks away from a church because they feel they just can't be accepted there.

What a great job you did of bringing home this point. May we all do a better job of being a reflection of Christ in that mirror, instead of ourselves.
Riveting! Held my attention throughout. I chuckled and reminisced with "The Church Lady" - saw myself in her character now and then.

We all are growing in Him. and we must be patient with ourselves and others, as God's perfect timing prepares the opportunity to help His children grow.
Riveting! Held my attention throughout. I chuckled and reminisced with "The Church Lady" - saw myself in her character now and then.

We all are growing in Him. and we must be patient with ourselves and others, as God's perfect timing prepares the opportunity to help His children grow.
04/22/14
I appreciate how this piece asserts truths about today's society, expresses frustration and reflects on Christian commitment in today's world... all revolving around a television character most readers easily recognize. Anytime I see an SNL re-run with the Church Lady, I will no doubt remember your deeper thoughts.

I was a bit confused about who the "you" was in the beginning. I think that's because you used the term "mocking" in the first sentence and later mentioned mocking God. Eventually, I decided the "you" was the reader, or your audience if this is a sermon.

04/24/14
Congrats! God bless~