The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1331 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/13/14
Could be a lovely song!
Beautiful.

God bless~
This is so beautifully melodic with a rhythm to put you to sleep. I love it!
04/14/14
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this--in fact I read it more than once. The rhythm was soothing--especially the repeated verses--and the contrast between the calming rains against the storms of life struck a chord with me. Beautifully done.
04/15/14
This piece was hypnotic. The pace and rhythm are consistent and seem to layer themselves over you the further you read.

I had to get a cup of coffee right after I finished to make sure I didn't nod off. If my kids were little I'd definitely use this to help put them to bed at night (who knows, maybe I will anyway). :)

But it's not just the pace that is praiseworthy. The language is beautiful and so finely and painstakingly crafted. Just an excellent job all the way around.
04/16/14
This is a lovely rhyming poem. It could easily be a poem for children - snuggled in warm beds, heading for sleep. Well done with this.
04/16/14
What a beautiful way to describe chillaxing. You had me right there swishing a long with your song.

Great work, poet!
04/17/14
Knew this was a winner. Congrats on your ranking and EC! Poems very seldom get this high. Fantastic writing here.
04/17/14
By the end of this piece, I felt like I was the one being rocked. So lovely and well done! I'm in awe of your ability. I wish I could do that! What a gift!
04/17/14
Congrats!

God bless~
04/20/14
Beautiful! Congratulations, Yvonne. God bless!
04/25/14
Beautiful, exquisite writing, Vonnie. I love the cadence and tone of this. Many congrats on your Editor's Choice award!