The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 999 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This lovely poem reached right down into my heart and found a place.
10/11/12
As a one-time audience and now the purveyor of Dad jokes, I feel this one hits the spot. But my Dad's brothers' jokes were stranger than his, for just what they meant was very uncle-ar....
10/13/12
Awww. This one touched me deeply. My father was a brilliant, kind, loving dad, but so so funny. I loved this. Thanks.

God bless~
10/15/12
This was a bittersweet poem, and I'm glad it had a happy ending--that Dad came full-circle with his grandkids as the "oh so funny" one again! Nice job!
This piece speaks volumes to me. It made me think when my kids stopped calling me Mommy and I became Mom instead. Though the youngest did decide to give me a special gift and at almost 19 Daddy is always Daddy and most of the time I'm still Mommy. I thought at first you had a typo with your and meant it as you're but then suddenly it clicked and I realized it wasn't a typo and it made the poem even more precious to me.
I like stories (poems) that show the life's transitions - this one did not disappoint. It was nostalgic without being sappy - great job and congratulations!
10/18/12
Hearty CONGRATULATIONS on your E.C. with this insightful piece!
10/19/12
Well done! Congratulations on your beautifully written and enjoyable winning poem.