The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 968 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow, the description and detailpaint a picture that is vivid in the readers mind. I like the gut wrenching reality of this story that time is the essence for healing and getting past the past.
Very touching. My heart went out to the prodigal daughter and those affected by a choice she made years ago. Sad but hopeful and amazing piece! Nice job!!
04/26/12
Hmmmm compelling quandry....such strong writing caught me in the grip of being scared for the young girl and then wondering what she had done, and what would happen next.

Are you writing this in a book? I would love to follow this storyline further???
04/26/12
Very touching story. I could feel the icy stares at the back of Amber's head, and the heartbreak it caused her.

I was so happy when Chloe came despite their parents reluctance. So typical of small town behavior.

This really would make a good novelette. Like the other reader here, I want to know more...why did she go to jail?, and how does Amber cope in the future?

Great job!
04/29/12
This was such a great short story. You did a wonderful job of bringing the MC to life, and exposing her vulnerability which showing her confidence in Christ. I like the other writer's comments would love to read more. This would indeed be a great short story, or a long one. I loved it.

Thanks. GOD Bless~
04/30/12
What can I say that hasn't already been said?!

Outstanding story, great suspense and intrigue. I think you really do need to make this into a novel . . . we'll know who you are soon enough and then all hound you until you agree to write it! Hehe, just kidding!

Great job.
05/03/12
Riveting story! Loved the suspense, doling out information in the perfect little amounts, and the dry wit/sarcasm, like 'before they die from lack of curiosity'.

Kept me hanging on, every step of the way.
05/03/12
You deserved it! Congratulatons!!!
05/03/12
How agonizing when people refuse to forgive! I've heard it said forgiving doesn't mean forgetting, yet I hold to the views of those who say past memories can be wiped away because God still does miracles.
Thanks so much for sharing this, and congratulations!
05/03/12
Congratulations!
05/03/12
Congratulations on your EC. Great writing!