The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1664 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/03/11
Oh my! This story was so engaging in a "poignant and cold splash of reality" type way. I have known many people who have heard that diagnosis from their physicians...But, each one knew that the "Greatest Physician" holds their diagnosis in His mighty hands. I loved this and the scripture references...Thank you for sharing. God Bless~
09/06/11
Oh wow, what a well written, well presented moving piece - the message and voice of faith so beautiful and powerful! This just really touched my heart and I feel blessed to have read it! God Bless!
Wow - this is so powerful, really touches the heart. Wonderfully written and very thought-provoking. Congratulations on your win. It is very well deserved.
Whoaaaaaaaaaa! I never expected the last part but God sure brings blessings and hope out of big bumps in the road, that often have caused many to get out of focus and instead take fear and depression as their bosom buddies. It would be understandable too but God can take the bad and make good out of of it, praise the Lord-for His ways are above our ways, and we can "EXPECT GREAT THINGS" in HIM. Congratulations on your placing first-this is such a touching piece-reality with a message, shifting between humor and drama and HOPE!! Praise God!!
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing such a well written, transparent piece.
09/08/11
Wow! Super congratulations on this outstanding piece and your first place EC!

If this is a true story, my prayers go out to you.

It is a true story for my sister-in-law, who has lived this just about to the letter, including the last part where she knows that every day is a gift and lives it just exactly that way.
09/08/11
My heartfelt congratulations on a well deserved first place win. This story was so touching and I am so glad you won first place. May God Bless you now and always~
Reading this, one cannot but stop and put things into perspective. Life is so fragile - we plan, but God directs our steps. How good it is to know that He is ever faithful in His plan for our lives. Congratulations on your EC.
Wonderful piece and very well written. The testimony found in this story shines brightly and is an encouragement to all who read it! Thank you for sharing honestly and from the heart!
09/09/11
And as Paul Harvey said... now for the rest of the story... I wrote this at 1 AM Thursday morning. I went to see my surgeon and my endocrinologist later that day, expecting to find out the treatment plan... got miraculous news... the cancer was a mixed cell type which would be harder to treat, but it was found tucked inside a benign tumor, so it had not one but two capsules around it. It had not spread, they think they got it all, and no treatment necessary right now... just frequent monitoring for the next year, then yearly after that. I feel like a walking miracle, and my life plan remains to live each day like it is my last, and to tell every one how God has blessed me. Thank you all for your kind comments, and PRAISE THE LORD!
09/10/11
A well deserved win. It is moving and written extremely well. You deserve publication for your work. I have read several others that you wrote and I like your writing style. God is with you and is using you for His glory. Thank you for the touching article.
09/12/11
Congratulations on your 1st place EC award. Very poignant piece and title. It is a great reminder of who holds the key to our future.
01/15/12
Plan B, C, D, E, F, GOD ! Give us this day our daily bread. Lisa, you are a genuine master storyteller and I hope so much that all of your fans one day soon sees from you Plan PUBLISHED AUTHOR; I know I would have Plan BUY IT NOW.

Congratulations, Lisa, on all facets of the winner you are.