The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 977 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/29/11
Gently-paced pilgrimage with a promise of romance. And chapter two??
Oh, my, this story caught at my heart. To be friendless is such a hurtful thing and I wish more could’ve been done to insure friendships early on. Glad the MC seems to be embarking on one by the end of the story. Although maybe a little light on the topic, nicely done!
Well-constructed story. I'm so glad Virgee found friendship at last. One suggestion -I think you could add more energy and interest to your story by showing rather than telling.
05/04/11
I think it's very clever, the way you incorporated both meanings of the word "outstanding" in your story. Beside the regular meaning, you also used the aspect of "pending." You drew a lot of emotion from this reader. Very nice work!
05/07/11
What a sad thing to wake up and realize you have no true friends. Very nice story. The title is weak, though. Try to pack a punch in those titles to draw your readers:)
Kate, a heart rending story with a very hopeful ending. I agree that the title could have had more zing. Every story can be improved but this one is beautifully woven and touches the reality of accomplishment replacing relationship. Hope your kiester is well kicked! =)