The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1166 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/14/11
Consistent dialogue sets the scene. In my opinion,I think the story line falls a little short of the "outbreak" theme. Still, the story moves along at a good clip, though I would add a bit more spice to the ending.
Cowboys and country living always get my attention. This was fun to read. Some readers may not have had a personal experience with leeches; anyone that has remembers the first time.
I loved your "fun" story. The contrast in reality and what the city fellow was thinking was well done.
Very entertaining! I was kind of cheering for the greenhorn but at least he got a day of fun! Except the leeches. Yuck. Funny story and well done with the changes between main characters.
I enjoyed this, and I think the Greenhorn, did too, regardless of his embarrassment. What a sight that must have been!
04/19/11
This is a wonderful "yarn" that had me giggling as I read. I think that most of us have probably found ourselves in similar situations as the "dude," enlisting in something new with great zeal and expectation, only to find we're completely out of our depth, but laughing hysterically at our attempts! (Trying to play squash comes immediately to my mind!). Well done!
Congratulations on placing 8th in Masters and 11th overall.
04/27/11
Congrats, Ann! I liked your greenhorn character...and your story!