The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1442 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/28/11
I thought the dialogue was excellent - it conveyed not just the story but captured the feelings of the tow women. It was a long drawn out fued, wasn't it?
01/31/11
I found myself wanting the finish the sentences of each sister. This has real emotion and revelation that is shown rather than told. Good job, in my humble opinion.
What a beautiful story of broken sisterhood, with more than a breath of hope for mending. My heart ached for both of them (which means you "showed" their emotions eloquently). Your details of imagery made a perfect background for the story.
01/31/11
What a sad story.
Very skillfully written.
Fantastic example of show don't tell.
Well crafted. I loved the detail -- Overhead, crows argued and the sun stared. Your character's relationship struggle touched my heart.

02/01/11
Your atmospheric details are excellent, as is the pacing. Well done!
02/01/11
Lives intertwining back together. Forgiveness on their lips and regret hanging onto their hearts. So sad that we let petty things come between our friends and family. Nice entry.
So many layers here; deep, deep regret, honest but wounded hearts, and all of it encompassed by the very physical (tea pot, etc.) objects that surrounded these two lives for so long, also wounded and stained. Such an honest--and yes--searing tale.
Wow there's so much going on in the undertones of this thrilling, story. Your descriptions were amazing and the story itself so sad.
You've packed so much into the word limit here. A great story, emotions, characterizations, setting, everything. Well done.
Beautifuly done! I'm not sure I got this sentence, "She suddenly felt the heat from Laura’s melting flesh pressing against her face." But otherwise I clung to every word. I like how you had them reconcile but didn't fix everything all tidy--ther was still awkwardness and a long way to go in their relationship, as is realistic.
02/03/11
Congratulations on your EC! Such a wonderful story.
I want to write like Ann when I grow up. Congratulations on EC and reminding why I love true literature.
02/05/11
I can smell the fading fire right now. Great characters and story.

Congratulations on your award.