The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1310 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/21/11
This is an intense topic and you handled it well. The ending felt a bit abrupt, and I would love to see this expanded. Definitely a subject that needs to be dealt with.
tis was written very well. I thought at the end that he obviously had been forgiven by the Lord, and it's too bad he waited so many years to seek forgiveness from his wife--when she had already given it.
01/22/11
You've tackled such a controversial subject. Your writing breathes emotion… with heartbreak and forgiveness. I love Louise's response and how she demonstrates 1 Cor 13.
Brave writing and well told story of God's forgiveness. I thought an actual angel was there, and maybe it was an angel and she had already passed, or maybe it was his wife; still she delievered an excellent message. It was nice to find out his true feelings for her. I enjoyed your story.
01/22/11
So brave to deal with such a hot topic. You did a good job. It sounds like the wife was immersed in the Word most of her life and was able to forgive like she could. What a lesson of forgiveness!
01/22/11
Awww. This is really sweet. Kudos to you for tackling such a big issue in such a refreshing and nonthreatening way! I like this.
01/23/11
Isn't the Lord wonderful the way he forgives and gives people second chances. Praise his wonderful name!
Your article inspired me to say the above.
01/23/11
A difficult subject, handled with sensitivity and heartfelt emotion. Well done.
01/24/11
My heart ached as I discovered the tormented secret.

I too was thrown off when you mentioned the cute angel. the description "cute" didn't fit the tone of the rest of the story.

I hope (hoped) your MC would find peaceful forgiveness.
I'm sure you will receive mixed reviews on this last I for one thoroughly enjoyed. The characters were so real. This is a hard topic to tackle I'm glad Jesus gave us the courage to write it.
01/26/11
This was lovely and well written. Thank you for writing it.
01/27/11
Oh brave one. Good to see your writings. Difficult topic. Drew me right in. I have to admit the word "cute" threw me. Very good job.
Congratulations for placing in the top 30 overall!