The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1447 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/04/10
This is priceless!! Very funny, very tongue in cheek and creative. Good job!!
A couple of terms I'm not familiar with (porkie pies & barney) but I think I got the meaning from the context. And the humor. :-) Very fun read.
I can totally hear the fellas talkin' here. Had to watch my audible chuckling though, I'm in a library.

I liked this-- wouldn't mind a snippet of scenery (maybe before the dialogue-- other than two guys in togas).

also not really sure how the title ties in but it was still pretty good to my ear. :)
This is hysterical. I loved almost every word. I must say though I did take offense at the disparaging remark made upwards Barney! Even though my youngest is 16 I've been known to watch an episode or two ! Seriously though this was excellent!
11/08/10
Rollicking good yarn here, old son. The odd pun doesn't go astray either, though is your prophetic mention of gunpowder a device to illustrate the "rifle-ry" among those wanting to be the pope?
11/08/10
Would love to see this acted out. Great job!
As a lover of creativity, including puns, I was charmed. I kept wondering what they'd say next. I think my favorite line was, "I think they said four."
Some real gossiping going on in this piece. Very lively and unique dialogue. A fast, well paced read. No doubt nailed the topic.
Very cleverly written!
Enjoyed it right down to your comment about Barney at the end! Good job!
11/08/10
This me laughing out loud in a very quiet library this morning:
:()hahahaha. Loved it.
11/08/10
A real tickler! Loved the comparison between "pies and whoppers." I wonder what Rocky will say when you guys finally hook up:-)
I enjoyed this, especially the references to Shakespeare and Galatians. :) I've always wondered how Peter felt about that little incident.
11/09/10
Saint Peter and the Popettes :) Too, too funny and way creative!
11/10/10
I want to put this on stage. I LOVED all the puns and creativity. Well done!
Congratulations on your EC! This is one of my all-time favorites.
11/11/10
Truly a delight to read! (Is this why we love "Gossip/Rumors" so much? :)
Congratulations on EC. Great job once again!!!!
Hey Gregory, I'm glad the judges loved the story, too!
11/11/10
Congrats on your EC, Gregory. This is a delightfully different read - so very clever!