The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 986 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/29/10
I love how you showed so many different types of letters. It took me a few sections to catch the rhythm of the story, but it's a lovely look at the world of letter-writing.
I like these little snapshots of your life and how important letter-writing was. In the first section the vocabulary seemed a bit much for a child that young, but since later we realized it was an adult looking back on that time, it might be fine. Great story!
Good idea for an article. I liked how you showed so many different phases of her letter writing. I just wish I could have seen what some of her letters said. You had a good message at the end. Great job!
10/30/10
Aah, nostalgia! Sometimes I miss the good ole days of pen and paper. (But I love the speed of email!)

It was a nice slice from different stages of your life; yes it would have been fun to read some of what had been written between you and those you wrote to, but honestly, I think this is just great the way it is!
This is a sweet history of your life in letters. There's something special about a handwritten note. I recently received a thank you letter for a baby gift on Facebook! It just seemed like cheating somehow. I tried to accept it with gracious love but there's no denying there's nothing as special as a handwritten note. Keep sharing pieces of your life. They are a delight to read.