The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1304 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/03/10
Wow-I've never heard of such a thing happening. The last line in this piece was lovely.
09/04/10
Oh this is heartbreaking... I broke into tears at the next to the last paragraph.

Beautifully written story-the emotions are so powerfully felt.

I am so sorry. This must have been very painful to write.

This happened to a friend of mine (her son would have been the same age as my son). Not sure if it's your own story, but if it is, you have my heartfelt prayers. I think the tenderness in this piece is overwhelming. And the instincts of the mother to breastfeed her baby- it's the poem's icing on the cake. It's a beautiful piece.
This is truly a heartbreaking situation. I know someone who could have written this story and you both have incredible courage and faith in God. Thank you for sharing your beautiful baby with us.
Wow. Touching and powerful.
Wow! This is very well done, and you capture such tender feelings nicely. I grieved with the mother throughout, and was grateful for the hope of Heaven at the end. Thank you.
09/08/10
Powerful and tender. Really got to me.
Really powerful poem--not just the emotions of the MC, but also of the reader!
09/08/10
Wow, this is so well done, despite being incredibly sad. Powerful.
09/09/10
Tender and poignant! This heart-breaking story wraps itself around the reader's heart. Beautiful work!
09/09/10
Emily, it's great to see this touching story on the EC list! Congrats!
09/26/11
Emily, I'm going to feature this exquisite poem in the Front Page Showcase for the week of October 31. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!
An absolutely beautiful ending to a sad beginning.Wonderfully portrayed!