The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1883 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is extraordinarily beautiful. Reflects the longings of my heart when I read... leaving walls behind and soaring. Excellent.
Extraordinarily well written, beautiful.
06/15/10
Ah, this is beautiful! Thank GOD for books and gifted writers who "take us there."
You have expressed beautifully the power of written words.
06/16/10
What can I say to do this justice? Stories are never just bits of paper bound together. A great deal of a writer's soul is expressed within the pages, along with countless experiences only dreamed of. On behalf of all of us, I thankyou for expressing that very concept in your poem.
WOW! Absolutely amazing-outstanding!
I must plead guilty to often bypassing an entry after reading the first line of a poem. But you drew me in immediately and literally held me captive until the end...and I didn't want it to end...just like the books that "take us there."
Oh wow... I really like this poem! Perfect voice, beautiful, vivid imagery - it's perfect!
This is beautiful. It echoes my sentiments in such a wonderful, soothing way.
06/16/10
Exquisite work... I LOVED where this took me!
06/17/10
*deep sigh* That. Was. Incredible. I love it so much. Absolutely perfect.
06/17/10
Nicely written poem! You've brought out the childlike feeling of a longing heart very well, of a keen spirit waiting to enter into a different realm within the stories written in books.
I want to go to! I loved all the images you and your very active imagination produced through just reading or thinking of books. Thank you.
06/17/10
Congratulations! This is beautiful... I love the lilting rhythm. . . and the sweet and gentle atmosphere.
Absolutely beautiful Rachel. Congratulations on your very well deserved win.
06/17/10
Oh, so beautiful, so lyrical. Magnificently done and oh so deserving of its place on high today! Congratulations!
A well deserved 1st place EC. Congratulations, this was truly outstanding.
06/17/10
Oh how beautiful! I could picture each stanza in a watercolor painting. Childlike visions, but with mature thoughts.

I LOVED this line: Take me where no map is drawn,
So I may be the first.
Take me far away from here,
Where hearts and dreams give birth.
Could I use that quote someday? It creats such adventure and fear at the same time at the thought of pursuing one's dreams.
06/17/10
Remarkable in every way. Deserving of #1 here and so much more. Is there anything a book does more than take us away?

Mona
Amazing! Congratulations!! I love it. :)
06/18/10
Wow! What a beautiful evocation of the power of a good book! I love every word of this. Very well done--Congratulations!
06/18/10
Love the meter and the flow of this wonderful piece. Huge congrats on your first place win and EC. Very nice!
06/18/10
Beautifully written and with such a tender spirit. Congratulations on a well-deserved recognition. Nancy Sullivan
Oh dear Rachel...Congratulations to you---From the loving heart of Our Lord...Thank You! Thank You! After my absence of 3 months of forced bed rest---the Lord lets You bless me with this lovely lovely piece! Rejoice! You have touched my heart SO MUCH, that I prayed for greater Poetry Blessings for you---in the months to come..Amen...Amen
Oh dear Rachel...Congratulations to you---From the loving heart of Our Lord...Thank You! Thank You! After my absence of 3 months of forced bed rest---the Lord lets You bless me with this lovely lovely piece! Rejoice! You have touched my heart SO MUCH, that I prayed for greater Poetry Blessings for you---in the months to come..Amen...Amen