The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1242 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This drew me in immediately. Love period pieces anyway, and yours is a gem. Yes I'd love to know more about Carolina Mist. Is there a book in the works? (Make it about 900 pages, lasting over oh, maybe 3 generations....)
06/01/10
Yes, I'd definitely like to know what happened to her... and how her name ultimately became the much more appealing "Carolina Mist." Enjoyed it!
Loved the story, the setting and the intrigue! All of your characters did reach into my world and I would most definitely put this continued story at the top of my reading list!
06/01/10
Such a different, interesting take on the topic. Your characters truly came to life and, yes, after 700 odd words, there is already an element of intrigue around Carolina Mist. Well done!
Excellent story - very gripping. I would love to find out more.
Very charming story! I love historic fiction, you captured the era and the characters beautifully!
Yes, yes, and yes!
06/02/10
Historical fiction is my favorite genre for reading. I'm hooked on this beautifully, intriguing, well-written story.
This caught me up right away and kept me reading. And yes, I'd like to know more...
06/02/10
Amazing atmosphere and period dialogue. Impressive. I had to grin at the conclusion.
06/02/10
I want to know more!
Yes I'd love to know more--charming story and great idea for this topic!
06/02/10
I'd love to read more ... and about Eliza and Stephen, too.

(As long as it doesn't become one of those "trashy" romances!)
Yes, more please. The story definitely is an attention-grabber.
Of course I want to read more! I'm chomping at the bit. I want to read the events that happened before this. I want to know more about the servant girl who died. I want to know what happens to the baby. You've got to write the rest.
06/03/10
I love the hunger you create (for this reader), leaving me wanting more of this story. This is so very good!
This was a great story. I do want to hear more of it. The characters seemed quite real. I generally like to read stories set in the present, but this had me holding my breath and caused me to consider broadening my reading horizons.