The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1566 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh, that was funny! But I wouldn't want to be that saleslady's co-worker. LOL!
What a riot! Your title caught me, thinking I was going to read about a street beggar. Ha! Really great.
02/01/10
Some might take a very "stern" view of this story, but I enjoyed it.
02/01/10
Ah, what a title! :) The smack caught me off-guard… What a riot! (is this true?) Great story!!
Was that a two-for-the-price-of-one sale? Thanks for the laugh.
This was a great story. I especially liked the end,"Spank you very much." Very cute.
02/02/10
Deliciously drole. I also liked the way you dropped in the Bible verse right at the end.
This is too funny! I like both the MC and the saleslady. I can just imagine her embarrassment! Well written, humorous story!
02/02/10
This was great! The title was clever, too! I also enjoyed the last line.

(I guess you could say thanks to the MC, Susan never knew what hit her...)
This was wonderfully funny! I felt the swat, and particularly the embarrassment of the sales clerk, as that mistake sounds like one I'd do. Good description of atmosphere and emotions. Great job!
Oh so funny - and the title couldn't be more perfect. I liked the self-effacing narrative and the overall message of this piece. Congratulations on your EC win!
02/06/10
Congratulations, Sharlyn! I was happy to see this on the EC list! :)
06/03/10
Sharlyn, this is so refreshing and fun that I'm going to feature it on the Front Page showcase for the week of June 28. Look for it on the FaithWriters Home page--and congratulations!
That was funny!! It's so refreshing to see a believer with a sense of humor. I can see Jesus doing the exact same thing--- Laughing and forgiving! Great job!