The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1683 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh so clever. It reminds me of Lewis Carroll's "The Walrus and the Carpenter" "The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

Thanks for two things, penning this wonderful prose and taking me back to one of my favorite authors - Lewis Carroll.
01/29/10
So funny. I wonder if you know all these words that I have no clue of the meanings, or you have to research to find what works? If so, these poems would be tedious but so enjoyable:)
Delightfully hilarious!
I think you started a new evolution-er...hen solution or something. Funeeee.
No one I know, like you. has such mastery of hilarity. My two favorites of all the wonderful pictures you painted were of the chicken with the compass to cross the road and the cow with the miraculous udder. Awesome writing, Friend!
Wow! Clever, and I love this take on the topic. For a few lines, I was saying HUH, myself.LOL Great job!
02/01/10
Beth, you handle words with such a brilliant dexterity. You are both a master wordsmith and a master humorist - our own Ogden Nash.

Such artistry.
Creative to the Nth degree with fun word pictures. Excellent.
02/02/10
Wow, you rock the humor poetry! Very clever...tee hee!
02/02/10
Decidedly out-of-the-box. Makes some of my compositions look positively ordinary!
But fun. A lot of fun.
I can see why you're in Masters...read it several times. Love it!
02/03/10
Absolutely MASTERful! No one can top you for creating word pictures in poetry! Delightful!
I love your writing, and the take on evolution. Please do something on the "Grand Canyon," and Noah's flood. Just an idea.
You are definitely a Masters. What a fun and entertaining poem. Great job.
02/09/10
Delicious, creative, brilliant, as usual!
clever and poetic take on the unending apologetic for creationism.
Beth - have just read this and it is SO brilliant. A wonderful mixture of fantastic humour, a touch of the ridiculous and great truth. (How I wish I could write poetry like that!) Many thanks - just wonderful!
03/03/10
Brilliant as usual Beth, and thanks for your comment on my (still anonymous) Shh! entry. But did you know why the chicken stopped in the middle of the road?
She wanted to lay it on the line!