The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1683 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/14/10
Very poignant. A good reminder of our responsibilities to help the helpless.
01/14/10
This is so very good. You took something quirky and treated it with maturity and it worked.
I also appreciate the message given in this heart-wrenching poetic tale.
I learned this lesson in the past few months. I suspected, but couldn't know for sure...now I know.

Mona
01/15/10
Powerful & thought-provoking.
01/15/10
Like a catchy tune, but such a sad story...
01/17/10
Such a heartbreaker. You've told the story with a painful beauty. Well done.
01/18/10
This makes me cry--so sad. I hate to see this kind of abuse happening to children. Oh, what a reminder to be the adult and step in to help the helpless!
01/18/10
Ahh...this is so sad! Thanks for reminding NOT to mind our own business, but to make the welfare of all children our business.
I have goosebumps. A double "OW" - the little girl and the one who didn't want to interfere.
01/19/10
A tear jerky in rhyme. This is wonderful writing. Thanks - Colin
01/21/10
Such a sweet and sad story... but such an encouraging message of grace and forgiveness. Congratulations on yuor high placement for your level and in the Editor's Choice!!!
01/21/10
Congratulations on placing 3rd! So well deserved! A heart breaking story of love and forgiveness and one whose story will touch many lives and change them for good! Thank you!
01/21/10
Debbie, this was superb! and so true and so sad. Anyone that grew up in a home like this can feel this poem... and even when the "ows" are verbal hits, it's just as horrific! Great writing. Congrats~
01/22/10
Such a constant reminder...
Touching poem. Sometimes it's so hard to know if there really is abuse going on--may we all be attentive. You had quite a few punctuation errors, but I liked the flow of the poem. Good job!