The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1313 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/26/09
I absolutely loved this poem! I grew up with TV so I do not remember life without it. How sad! I believe you are right though... TV changed life. I like to think that somewhere people still gather around a fireplace and tell tall tales! Creative poem for the subject... good job!
11/29/09
Very creative! Reminded me of ghost stories around the campfire. Technology sure has infringed on good old fashioned spookiness!
This brought back rich memories of Mother reading James Whitcomb Riley to the 5 little girls in our family. Her big brown eyes would scare us half to death as she read about goblins and scarey things that creep in the night snatching little kids who were misbehaving. Then she'd laugh, kiss us all goodnight and tell us to go to sleep. Fat chance! We were all huddled together under the covers at the bottom of the bed! Rich imaginations, wonderful word pictures, even though today's child psychologists would drive James Whitcome Riley from library shelves. hehe I love your entry. Right on!
12/02/09
I loved your imagery and the sense of adventure. Also the security that a beloved grandpa could also be the source of suspense. I also echoed the recognition of the change that TV brought. I was 18 when we got our first set, which was such a relief because we'd been staring into that corner of the lounge room for so long!